Did you enjoy this rainy weekend? We did since rain grants life. And the rain won’t keep us from acting for the climate. Check out what we’re working on this week—there’s a lot you can join in on!
Actions this Week
MONDAY 2/4 8am – 9am Rosa Parks Transit Equity Day: Join us in downtown Oakland to celebrate public transit and civil rights!
TUESDAY 2/5 5:30pm – 8:30pm Meeting: Interested in joining our Marin 350 activities? Join the Steering Committee Meeting at the San Rafael Corporate Center.
WEDNESDAY 2/6 Activism: We are hosting a Bay Area-wide day of action! Join us to publically call on our elected leaders to commit to a just and equitable transition to a world free from fossil fuels, support green jobs, reject fossil fuel money, and endorse a Green New Deal.
Help us deliver petitions demanding climate leadership for your community
- To Speaker Nancy Pelosi in San Francisco! 10:45am – 12:30pm
- Or to Representative Eric Swalwell in Hayward! 12pm – 1pm
- Or to Representative Mark Desaulnier in Walnut Creek! 12pm – 1pm
- Or to Representative Mike Thompson in Santa Rosa! the following day THURSDAY 4/7 2:30pm – 3:30pm
THURSDAY 2/7 3pm – 8 pm East Bay Electrification Expo: Learn more about leaving natural gas behind and electrifying your home to help restore a healthy climate (in Berkeley)!
- The time for the Green New Deal is now, or it’ll get even more expensive
- Google has a new tool for estimating greenhouse-gas emissions for cities
- California used to classify bus lanes and bike racks as bad for the environment, but not anymore
- See all articles we’ve posted lately here: #350BAClimateNews
350 Bay Area is forming a coalition of groups to promote a new vision for living a low-emissions life. Electrify Everything will present new options for low-emission electric cars, air heating and cooling, water heating, and cooking. Electric options allow for no carbon emissions when combined with rooftop solar or the 100% clean energy options available from Community Choice Energy programs. Learn more…
HOW TO GET INVOLVED – we need help with:
- Finding speaking opportunities
- Publicizing our events
- Speakers and hotline answerers
If interested in any of the roles above or if you have other ideas about how to contribute your skills email Vol4EE@350BayArea.org
Erin Heath for the 350BA Team