Starting on January 20th, 2021 with the inauguration of the 46th president 350 Bay Area in took 46 Days of real climate action addressing all levels of government and other key targets. Take a look and take the actions if you haven’t yet!
On Week 1
- We talked about what does the new administration mean at the federal, statewide, and local level for climate? video
- We asked the Biden administration to Build Back Fossil Free
- We pressured our local representatives to sign the No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge using this script.
On Week 2
- We sent this letter to Newsom by 350 Bay Area Action him to: STOP new fossil fuel projects, DROP existing production, and ROLL out science-based setbacks
- We emailed the Air District board members asking to add public seats and pass a strong cat cracker rule.
- We wrote Letters to the Editor about the California Air Resources Board (CARB). Letters to the Editor are easier than they seem! Watch the 3.5 minute training video here.
On Week 3
- We went to a the Community Hearing on Transit Equity
- We asked the California Energy Commission to require all electric new buildings as part of their next building code release. Sign here to get gas out of new building construction!
On Week 4
- We asked the Boards of CalPERS and CalSTRS to divest from fossil fuels with this petition
- We also asked the CSU to divest from fossil fuels with this petition
On Week 5
- We signed the Center for Biological Diversity petition calling on Gov. Newsom to require 100% zero-emission vehicle sales by 2030
- We also signed the League of Conservation Voters petition calling on the Biden administration to to set new rules to transition to 100% zero emission new cars by 2035
- We pressured the Novato City Council and Planning Commission to oppose the mega gas station with this petition and emailed them using this email template. No need to be a Novato resident.
On Week 6