Fossil Free California (FFCA) is a statewide 501c3 divestment organization that got its start as the divestment committee of 350 Bay Area. FFCA has a strong alliance with 350 Bay Area and continues to lead its divestment campaign. FFCA volunteers work with 350 groups and climate activists around California to remove both funding and social license from fossil fuel companies and related infrastructure (banks, pipelines, power plants). FFCA campaigns target pension funds, personal finance, and legislation. Make California fossil free!
Fossil Free California’s divestment campaigns include:
- State pension funds such as CalPERS and CalSTRS, which have combined assets of over $500 billion
- Local divestment campaigns – municipal or county investments
- Personal finance divestment campaigns – from individual portfolios or retirement funds; or from checking, savings, and credit cards
- Campus and student actions
- Legislation – relating to divestment or to transparency, as in disclosure of financial climate risk