- This event has passed.
Youth Climate Strike March
Friday, September 20 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Youth around the world are calling for adults to support and join them in youth led actions demanding that we address the climate crisis in time to avoid its worst impacts. Youth vs Apocalypse, the youth led environmental justice program supported by 350 Bay Area, is part of the leadership team organizing events in the San Francisco Bay Area region. All ages are encouraged to join the strike! Let’s all pitch in to make sure that the planet is livable for the next generations.
About the Strike
On Friday, Sept 20th we are following the lead of Youth vs Apocalypse as they go to different targets contributing to the climate breakdown. We will join them as they leave behind a set of demands defining what they’re (and we’re) fighting for. The trail will start at the office of the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and will connect targets in government, finance, and energy. For those that can’t join in person, we will be asking people to post on social media and tag our targets.
350 Bay Area Meeting Spot
Meet the 350 Bay Area team at the statue on Fulton Street between the SF Public Library and the Asian Art Museum at 9:30am
More Info and STRIKE Events
- For more info and to sign up to help, go to: http://youthvsapocalypse.org/
- Sept 20th is the day of the Global Climate Strike, but there are lots of other escalated actions during the week of Sept 20th-27th. View all of the events here: www.bayareaclimatestrike.net/
- 350SF is forming a group for various levels of activity in support of the Climate Strike. Please contact saragreenwald2@gmail.
com to participate
- Read our blog about the Sept. 20th Global Climate Strike here.
- Please click here for a list of public restrooms along the march route.