- This event has passed.
Stop the Money Pipeline @ Chase
Friday, January 31 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
JPMorgan Chase is investing in the climate crisis — this has to stop.
350 Bay Area is joining with other Bay Area climate groups (Extinction Rebellion SF, Rainforest Action Network, 350 Silicon Valley, XR Youth, Wet’suwet’en Solidarity Front Bay Area, Diablo Rising Tide, and others) in an extended, escalating campaign aimed at putting pressure on JPMorgan Chase to stop financing the fossil fuel industry.
Join us for the campaign kickoff!
We will show up and make our demands clear at a Chase branch Friday, January 31. Meet at 11:00am at the North corner of Market and Montgomery in San Francisco. RSVP below to have us text you the exact location once we’re in progress tomorrow morning. Exact destination will also be announced on the XR Facebook event and Twitter @xrsfbay.
Mark your calendars and check out this recent protest and watch this video of Bill McKibben storming Chase Bank and Jane Fonda’s call to action. Bring friends, family and folks from any and all climate organizations to join us!
- JPMorgan Chase is by far the biggest funder of the fossil fuel industry worldwide – and the ONLY U.S. funder of the Jordan Cove Pipeline.
- In the 3 years since the Paris Agreement, JPMorgan Chase has provided the fossil fuel industry with $196 billion in financing.
- They are the #1 banker of Arctic oil & gas drilling, the #1 banker of ultra-deepwater oil & gas drilling, the #2 banker of fracking (right behind Wells Fargo), the #1 banker of Liquid Natural Gas and the #1 U.S. banker of coal mining. (For more outrageous facts and statistics, see the Banking on Climate Change Report Card.)
If you can’t make it to this event, you can still be part of the action. Here’s how:
This is an easy direct action that is similarly effective to shutting down physical branches. Click the link above to see the script, it’s short.
3) Move your Money and do the #CutTheChaseChallenge
- “Where Should I Put My Money?” Tips and Resources – Alison Kirsch, RAN
- Divest Your Community Toolkit here – Mazaska Talks
- #CutTheChaseChallenge – Cut up your Chase card and post it on social media
4) Save the date – April 23rd
This is the “Finance Day” protest of the 2020 Earth Week actions.