- This event has passed.
Phone-banking with 350 Bay Area Registration
August 8, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
What – 350 Bay Area needs Phone Bank Volunteers to help contact fellow 350 Bay Area supporters who have not yet RSVPed for the September 8th – RISE for Climate, Jobs, and Justice march!
When – We ask that you commit to at least two sessions:
Sunday August 12th: 3-6PM
Sunday August 19th: 12-3PM
Sunday August 26th: 3-6PM
Sunday September 2nd: 12-3PM
Why – This volunteer position is critical to making activism visible – thus empowering more activists. It is hard to be the change alone, and your work will help show people they aren’t the only ones concerned about the environment in California and beyond! You will also be invited to our social events for volunteers. 🙂
The Way it Works
- You can phone bank remotely or encouraged to come to our office (address: 1300 Broadway Floor 3, Oakland CA – right next to 12th st. BART)
- If remote, there will be a zoom call link to get trained and meet everyone.
- If in-person, lunch will be provided for the first session and dinner will be provided for the second session.
- You will receive training and a script at the beginning of the session.
- You need your own phone, but if you do not have one, let us know in advance.
To join the team contact Nan Farley, 350 Bay Area’s Communications and Volunteer Manager, at NanF350BayArea@gmail.com or Weekdays 10am-5pm at (510) 239-3183.
Please mention the times to which you can commit.