- This event has passed.
Join the Global Climate Action Shoestrike, September 26th!
Saturday, September 26, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The #NovatoShoeStrike is expanded now to ALL of MARIN.
Saturday, September 26, from 10am-12noon
Shoe strikes are being held worldwide organized by various Climate Groups on September 26th to raise awareness of the need for Climate Justice and to demand that elected officials at every level of government take immediate action to address the Climate Emergency and the social and economic impacts of Climate Change and the COVID-19 pandemic. These two unprecedented crises require unprecedented action to protect our citizens and our planet. The “shoe strike” is a COVID-19 safe demonstration without the need for a large in-person gathering.
It will be a hybrid action, with both a physical presence at Novato City Hall,( 901 Sherman Ave, Novato, CA 94945), and an online event. Here are various ways you can participate:
- Drop off shoes at Novato City Hall on September 26 between 10 – 12noon. Your shoes will be included in the final action tally, including a comprehensive photo.
- Take a photo of your shoes at a location of your choice, with or without a small sign, and share it via your own social media. Tag #BayAreaShoeStrike so we can track it.
- Take a photo of your shoes at a location of your choice, with or without a small sign, and share it with firstname.lastname@example.org, so that it can be shared during the live broadcast and on a curated page at greennovatocom.
- Join the live broadcast to comment via Youtube live chat here, at http://tinyurl.com/bayareashoestrike, and share photos, ask questions of speakers, and more.
- All or some combination of all these options.
Climate Action Marin is hosted by 350Marin.org and GreenNovato.com, sponsored by Sustainable Mill Valley. For more Information contact: greennovato.com or 350Marin.org
Post to 350BA