- This event has passed.
Farming in the New Normal
Tuesday, January 7, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm$37.15
At this workshop, you will get the latest information from California researchers, government agency leaders, agriculture industry professionals and innovative farmers to: help you understand how climate change will affect your farming operations, provide practical strategies for agriculture to thrive in a new climate reality, explore opportunities and resources for implementing climate strategies on farms.
- Grazing system strategies for drought
- Soil Health and climate adaptation: Rangelands
- Vegetation management for wildfire preparedness
- Potential for carbon sequestration in riparian restoration, and climate-adaptive restoration
- Chill hours reduction impact to perennial crops
- Coping with extreme weather events, such as heat
- Pest management strategies for a changing climate
- Soil health practices and climate adaptation: Reduced tillage
- Water use efficiency: tools for optimizing water use in a drought-prone world
- Soil Health practices and climate adaptation: Cover crops