- This event has passed.
Digital Art Build: Fossil Fuels Are Killing Us
Saturday, January 23
How to Take Action:
Join our digital art build by making a homemade sign that says “Fossil Fuels Are Killing Us” and take a photo holding it. (See Ava’s sample above!) Then post on social media using the sample posts below! Finally, please send us your photo (or link to your social post) at email@example.com
- You can’t build back better unless you #BuildBackFossilFree @JoeBiden @Gina_McCarthy Use your power under existing law and take executive action to address the climate crisis and put a down payment on a healthy, thriving economy that works for everyone. Friends, join me in signing this petition demanding just that: https://buildbackfossilfree.org
- Extraction and pollution have poisoned our environment, our bodies, and our democracy for long enough. #FossilFuelsAreKillingUs We gave @JoeBiden a mandate to be bold. NOW is the time for him to keep his promises to us. #BuildBackFossilFree and reject the permits for Line 3, DAPL and KXL. Friends, join me in signing this petition demanding just that: https://buildbackfossilfree.org
Purpose of the Action:
This week we have been growing demands for the Build Back Fossil Free petition (link here) which calls on President Biden to:
- Protect and invest in the Black, Indigenous, Brown, and working-class communities that have borne the brunt of fossil fuel pollution and climate disaster.
- End the era of fossil fuel production, reject fossil fuel projects, and eliminate giveaways to oil, gas, and coal corporations
- Launch a national climate mobilization to Build Back Fossil Free, delivering jobs, justice, and opportunity for all.
This art component on Biden’s inaugural week will keep the momentum going, and add to the ever-growing list of people signing the petition! While also underscoring that Fossil Fuels are Killing Us. So there’s no Building Back if people are dying.