- This event has passed.
Climate Emergency Mobilization Summit #5–Where do we go from here for climate justice?
Friday, November 20, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Join the Climate Emergency Mobilization Task Force (CEMTF) for the fifth virtual summit: Where do we go from here for climate Justice?
More than 600 people have participated in the CEMTF summit series:
- Sustainable and Healthy Cities on July 24th
- Fossil Fuel Free Bay Area on August 28.
- Clean Infrastructure on September 25
- Sustainable Production and Consumption on October 28
The November 20 summit will explore how to take all the ideas that have been advanced throughout the summit series and make them happen. Here is the plan for the summit:
8:30 – 9:00 am Doors Open / Meet & Greet Attendee Mixer
9:00 – 9:15 am Land Acknowledgement / Welcome/ Plenary
- Councilmember Cheryl Davila, City of Berkeley
- Corrina Gould, Co-Founder, Sogorea Te Land Trust
- Amos White, Vice Chair, Climate Emergency Mobilization Task Force
9:15 – 10:30 am
- Message from Congresswoman Barbara Lee
- Carl Anthony, Breakthrough Communities and former president of Earth Island Institute
- Saul Griffith–Author of Rewiring America, speaking on how to fund the clean energy economy
- Eduardo Martinez–Richmond City Council
- John Gioia*–Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors and California Air Resources Board
10:30 – 11:00 Workshops based on previous summits
- Sustainable and Healthy Cities (July 24th)
- Fossil Fuel Free Bay Area (August 28)
- Clean Infrastructure (September 25)
- Sustainable Production and Consumption (October 28)
11:00 Summit Series wrap up plus a take-action item to conclude
*Invited, not confirmed
Please complete this survey of participation so far and suggested next steps for the Climate Emergency Mobilization to help organizers plan for the summit.