- This event has passed.
Climate Emergency Mobilization Summit #2–Fossil Fuel Free Bay Area
Friday, August 28 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join the Climate Emergency Mobilization Task Force for the second interactive webinar in their Virtual Summit Series: For an Environmentally Just and Regenerative Future.
More than 200 people attended the first Virtual Summit, which focused on Sustainable and Healthy Cities. Videos from that webinar will be posted to the website linked below.
The August 28 summit will examine approaches for creating a Bay Area free of fossil fuel infrastructure. Workshops on these topics include:
Decommissioning California Refineries and Beyond
“I Can’t Breathe”: Bay Area Air Quality and Environmental Justice
Power mapping the Air District–Campaigns for Controlling Carbon Pollution.
How to Defund the Fossil Fuel Industry–Risk Bonds, Divestment, Stop the Money Pipeline
Confirmed speakers include:
- Greg Karras, expert on the oil industry
- Andrés Soto of Communities for a Better Environment
- Veronica Eady, Deputy Executive Officer for Policy & Equity, BAAQMD
- Jed Holtzman of 350 Bay Area
- Janet Scoll Johnson of Sunflower Alliance
- Daphne Wysham, Center for a Sustainable Economy
- Sandy Emerson, Fossil Free California
TO COME: FURTHER DETAILS, RSVP, AND LINK TO JOIN. WEBSITE HERE: https://www.cemtf.org/