- This event has passed.
Art for Climate Contest – Submission Deadline
Saturday, July 27, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm
As you likely know, one of the most important aspects of movement-building is effective images. Powerful graphics compel people not only to care, but also to ACT! For this reason, we’re running an art competition and invite you to submit!
350 Bay Area Art Competition: The Details
The challenge: Make a piece of art that incorporates the 350 Bay Area logo and one of these phrases:
- “Thanks you” – to be used for thank you notes to legislators, donors and more
- OR “More Climate Action, Less Hot Air” – to be used in a variety of ways
- OR “I’m a Climate Champion” – to be used on materials for our most committed volunteers and donors
The medium: There are no limitations to the medium, as long as the piece is 2D and can be scanned. The winning selection may be used by 350 Bay Area for emails, stationary, and could be printed on swag such as stickers or canteens.
|Sticker design by Audrey||Thank you card design by Tim|
How to Win $100
We are extending the competition invitation only to you, our art volunteers and supporters so that you have more likelihood to win! Designs will be evaluated on these criteria:
- MUST relate to climate activism. (Could include imagery related to CO2 emissions, climate crisis, communities affected, local solutions, legislation, etc.)
- MUST include the 350 Bay Area logo and one of the phrases “Thanks you” or ““More Climate Action, Less Hot Air” or “I’m a Climate Champion”
- Must be 2D and able to scan
- Is visually appealing and works well with 350 Bay Area color scheme / branding
The winning design will be voted on by five current 350 Bay Area art volunteers and the artist will receive a $100 cash prize!
Deadline: Saturday, July 27th at 7pm
How to Submit
- Add to your calendar here.
- Download the 350 Bay Area logo here:
- If you have an idea you are unsure if it applies, email with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email your submission to email@example.com no later than July 27th at 7pm
- Make the email subject line “Art for Climate Contest Submission“
- State how to credit the artist (name desired we use)
- Attach the design as a .JPG attachment
Note: Upon submission, you agree to allow 350 Bay Area the exclusive right to use the art. Judges will announce the winner on Sept 3rd.
Thanks and good luck!
– Nan Farley for the 350 Bay Area Team