About 350 Bay Area
We are you
San Francisco Bay Area residents building a grassroots movement for deep CO2 emission reductions.
We are hundreds of volunteers, supported by a small but mighty staff, working since 2012 to:
- Raise awareness & urgency – the climate crisis is underway and we have time – but not a lot
- Mobilize to demand action at the speed & scale required to protect us all from the worst impacts
- Support the voices of young people calling for a livable planet
- Dig into policy options to get real emissions reductions actions passed
We are building a grassroots climate movement in the Bay Area & beyond that eliminates carbon pollution and presses for socially equitable solutions and a just transition to clean energy.
All who live in the Bay Area equitably share clean air, water and soil in a healthy, thriving, and stable post-carbon future, benefiting all life.
To preserve our planet, scientists tell us we must reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from its current level of over 400 parts per million to below 350 ppm. But 350 is more than a number—it’s a symbol of where we need to head as a planet.
Learn more at 350 FAQs
- The climate crisis is the biggest problem facing the world. Unchecked climate change means more natural disasters, more outbreaks of disease, more food shortages, and more sea level rise.
- We need to make large-scale changes. The climate crisis is so big that we can’t solve it with small, personal actions alone. We need to think bigger and bolder.
- Large-scale change means changing policy. We need laws that rewire the way the world produces and consumes energy so that clean power is cheap, dirty power is expensive, and people everywhere can live sustainable lives.
- Getting strong climate policy won’t be easy. It means fighting the wealthiest and most powerful group on the planet: the fossil fuel industry.
- We can win with a people-powered movement. We’ll never have as much money as the fossil fuel industry, so we need to overpower them with our numbers and our determination instead. From the Civil Rights movement to women’s suffrage, social movements have changed the course of history—so we’re building a movement of people to solve the biggest problem in the world.
Adopted 2/8/2014 1. The 350 Bay Area will conduct itself in a professional manner in all public and private actions; respecting the rights and beliefs of all parties. 2. The 350 Bay Area will make every effort to ensure the information provided to its members and the...
These are the rules to participate in the 350 Bay Area community with comments, suggestions, etc. Violation of these simple rules will result in warnings or being banned. We respect free speech, but uncivil online behavior will not be tolerated. Respect everyone's...
350 Bay Area is managed by a Steering Committee with representatives from a variety of groups.
To preserve our planet, scientists tell us we must reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from its current level of 410 parts per million to below 350 ppm. But 350 is more than a number—it's a symbol of where we need to head as a planet. So, what is global warming...