Starting on January 20th, 2021 with the inauguration of the 46th president, join 350 Bay Area in taking 46 Days of real climate action addressing all levels of government and other key targets.
The Objectives of this campaign are to: Focus attention on climate priorities nationally and at the state and local level, Share and increase our knowledge about local climate issues and the solutions, Take direct action on climate issues and make action accessible to a broader public, Build the team and the climate movement and Hone our skills and strategy for 2021.
Week 7 FINAL theme: Civic Engagement
- Sat, 3/6 at 11am SKILL UP for climate action. RSVP for the 350 Network Training Series. The first training is on 3/6 about Climate Justice, with other trainings on Strategic Messaging, Organizing and Movement Building, Policy Advocacy, and Strategic Campaigning over the coming weeks. No prior experience needed to attend.
Week 7 Final ACTIONS:
Mon, 3/1 KNOW the basics of civic engagement at the state-wide level in California. WATCH this 350 Bay Area Action State Legislative Training.
Tues, 3/2 at 5:30pm GET TRAINED and ASK questions on how to meet with elected officials. Remember, they work for us! RSVP here.
Weds, 3/3 TAKE a look back at our governmental and agency targets from the 46 Days of Action!
- Thurs, 3/4 LOOK AHEAD to these March events:
- Calling all folks who identify as youth and young adult: JOIN our “Meet the Mobilizing Team” call next week on Thurs, 3/11 at 5pm.
- Everyone SAVE the date for Fri, 3/19 for the Friday for the Future Protest.
- Fri, 3/5 Did you miss any of these events during the 46 Days? WATCH the recap videos here:
- What does the new administration mean: federally, at the state-level, and locally? 12 min video
- Letter to the Editor Training 4 min video
- How Fossil Fuels Kill Us 9.5 min video
- Eliminating Carbon Pollution – Where We’re Going 14.5 min video
- Natural Gas in Homes – What to Know and What to Do 11 min video
- Myth Busting Electrifying Your Home 53 min video
- Move Your Money Chat – Divestment Basics 15 min video
Week 6 Theme: Vibrant Communities
- Sat, 2/27 REFLECT on why you care about climate issues. SHARE your written reflection here and/or SUBMIT an art reflection here about what Vibrant Communities mean to you.
Sun, 2/28 MOVIE night! 350 Bay Area member, Eric Simon, is a filmmaker who made a documentary called What to Do About Climate Disruption? Eric has a Masters in environmental management from Duke University and spent five years working for the state air quality agency in Sacramento, California. USE this link to watch for FREE on Sunday when the fee requirement will be waived for the 350 Bay Area community!
- If you miss the free viewing opportunity, or want to contribute $5 to the filmmaker, here’s the standard video link. and website.
Week 6 ACTIONS:
Mon, TODAY 2/22 ENVISION a future free of fossil fuels. Isn’t it nice? READ the blog My Hope for Vibrant Communities.
- Tues, 2/23 CELEBRATE leaders making vibrant communities a reality:
- JOIN EarthJustice and THANK the Biden-Harris administration for its bold action on behalf of the planet and its people.
- JOIN 350 Bay Area Action and THANK Ed Markey (senator, MA) and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Congressmember, Queens) for leadership on the Green New Deal.
- THANK Scott Wiener (senator, CA) and Monique Limón (senator, CA) for introducing the bill to phase out fracking in California.
Weds, 2/24 RECLAIM our streets. JOIN a 350 Bay Area biking group in your city – sign up here.
- Thurs, 2/25 ALLOCATE federal funding toward equitable solutions:
Week 5 Theme: Eliminate CO2
- Sat, 2/20 STOP fossil fuel infrastructure expansion in the Bay Area at 1pm PROTEST the Novato Gas Station RSVP here for alerts/ more info.
Sun, 2/21 ENJOY your Sunday!
Week 5 ACTIONS:
- Mon, 2/15 REDUCE carbon miles traveled. WATCH these videos on how:
- Tues, 2/16 PREVENT pollution from cars. For more background on the targets we need to meet, check out this CA Electric Vehicle Goals presentation.
- SIGN the Center for Biological Diversity petition calling on Gov. Newsom to require 100% zero-emission vehicle sales by 2030
- also SIGN the League of Conservation Voters petition calling on the Biden administration to to set new rules to transition to 100% zero emission new cars by 2035
Weds, 2/17 PREVENT pollution: EMAIL your City Council representatives to support the gas car phase-out. Use this letter template toolkit created by 350 Bay Area’s Transportation Team.
- Thurs, 2/18 ELIMINATE carbon pollution
- PLANT a tree!
- WATCH Kiss the Ground, an inspirational documentary about how sustainable agriculture is an important solution to eliminating carbon pollution.
- Fri, 2/19 ASSESS your personal consumption. It’s important that we recognize that the climate crisis cannot be overcome solely through legislation, but also with individual lifestyle changes!
Week 4 Theme: Follow the Money
Week 4 ACTIONS:
- Mon, 2/8 READ the issue overview.
- Tues, 2/9 DIVEST our assets from fossil fuel investments. What’s divestment? Watch this video.
- Weds, 2/10 at 11am STOP BANKROLLING fossil fuel projects and companies. ATTEND our socially distant action in SF (RSVP here) at the (Oily) Wells Fargo Museum. Join us to tell (Oily) Wells Fargo: End the Fossil Fuel Gold Rush!
- Can’t make it in person? You can still contribute to taking down dirty banks online! REVIEW Chase Bank, the #1 funder of fossil fuel projects, with this handy toolkit.
- Thurs, 2/11 DON’T INSURE risky fossil fuel infrastructure. Yes, insurance companies are implicated. SHARE these infographics (left).
- Fri, 2/12 DEMAND that Autodesk cut ties with the fossil fuel industry. Autodesk is a Bay Area-based multi-billion dollar software company which claims to promote sustainability while their software is being used on oil rigs and at coal mines… USE this toolkit to target Autodesk.
- Sat, 2/13 from 11am – 11:30am MAKE a personal change. RSVP for the MOVE your Money Chat. Join this live How-To session on divesting from climate-bad banks. Personal action to choose better banks is sending a clear message to dirty banks. Jane Fonda explains here.
- Can’t make the chat? SIGN UP for a Move-Your-Money cohort to get support.
- Sun, 2/14 SPREAD the LOVE for public banks – they’re ingenious! You can also SHOW LOVE to 350 Bay Area’s Mobilizing Team here!
Week 3 Theme: Methane Gas is killing us
Sat, 2/6 MAKE a personal change:
- REDUCE emissions from your energy use with a few quick clicks and step up to the cleanest energy program from your community energy provider.
- GET PAID for energy you don’t use during critical peak periods? Sign up for OhmConnect here. Note that this is a referral link from our Executive Director. Any referral bonuses will be contributed to her favorite charity (spoiler: it’s 350 Bay Area).
- Sun, 1/31 SHARE this toolkit link for the 46 Days of Action.
Week 3 ACTIONS:
- Tues, 2/2 at 12pm Event Passed – Video coming soon 350 Bay Area Parents’ Chat: Natural Gas in Homes – What to Know & What to Do
- Weds, 2/3 at 6:30pm Event Passed – Video coming soon Myth Busting Webinar about Induction Cooking with Sean Armstrong from Redwood Electric.
- Thurs, 2/4 National Transit Equity Day
- HONOR Rosa Parks and the Fight for Transit Equity by Joining the Community Hearing on Transit Equity
- If you are taking public transit today, TAKE a picture of yourself on your ride, your destination or your route and share your story with us (you can reply to this email).
- Fri, 2/5 ASK the CEC to require all electric new buildings as part of their next building code release. Sign here to get gas out of new building construction!
Week 2 Theme: Fossil Fuels Affect Our Health, Bay Area
Week 2 ACTIONS:
- Mon, 1/25 READ the blog about how fossil fuels affect our health – A Double Whammy in the SF Bay Area and We Can Stop It.
- Tues, 1/26 Passed events
- Weds, 1/27 SEND this letter to Newsom by 350 Bay Area Action URGING Governor Newsom to: STOP new fossil fuel projects, DROP existing production, and ROLL out science-based setbacks
- Thurs, 1/28 MAP how close you live to fossil fuel extraction (and pollution) in the Bay Area. See how the refineries here pollute our LAND, WATER, and AIR.
- Fri, 1/29 EMAIL the Air District board members asking to add public seats and pass a strong cat cracker rule.
- Sat, 1/30 WRITE a Letter to the Editor about the California Air Resources Board (CARB). Letters to the Editor are easier than they seem! Watch the 3.5 minute training video here.
- Sun, 1/31 SPREAD the word! Share this toolkit link.
Week 1 Theme: Fossil Fuels Are Killing Us
Week 1 ACTIONS:
- Tues, 1/19 READ the Issue Overview: Fossil Fuels Are Killing Us.
- Weds, Inauguration 1/20 WATCH the recap video of our 46 Days of Action LAUNCH Call
- Thurs, 1/21 SIGN the Build Back Fossil Free Petition
- Fri, 1/22 PRESSURE your local representative to sign the No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge; Use this script.
- Sat, 1/23 MAKE ART with our Virtual Art Build
- Sun, 1/24 SPREAD the word! Share this toolkit link.