- This event has passed.
Alameda County Interfaith Climate Action Network Meeting
September 13 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Please join us for the September meeting of the Alameda County Interfaith Climate Action Network. Socializing at 6:30pm. Meeting starts at 7pm. Snacks will be served. Free. Everyone who is interested is invited.
This is a group of people from a variety of faith congregations and traditions in Alameda County. All are welcome, if you are interested in connecting climate change activism with a moral and/or spiritual perspective. No specific faith or religion is necessary to be part of the group. We will make plans to make our voices heard in the coming weeks.
For 17 years, California Interfaith Power & Light (CIPL) has been living into its founding mission–to be faithful stewards of creation by responding to global warming as a moral issue. Today, CIPL is a network of 680 congregations of all faiths committed to addressing climate change from Chico to San Diego, Mono Lake to Monterey Bay.
Over the years, CIPL and its member congregations have:
- Sent thousands of emails to legislators urging stronger climate policies
- Marched and petitioned
- Spoken at local, state, and national government hearings
- Fought against dirty energy (and won!)
- Conducted energy audits of houses of worship
- Upgraded lighting; insulated facilities; installed solar systems and electric vehicle charging stations
- Replaced concrete with greenery
- Planted trees and vegetable gardens
- Preached hundreds of sermons on care for creation