Fossil Free California (FFCA) is the Divestment Campaign for 350 Bay Area. Divestment removes money from fossil fuel companies and related infrastructure (banks, pipelines, power plants). FFCA campaigns target pension funds, personal finance, and legislation. Make California fossil free!
Fossil Free California’s divestment campaigns include:
- State pension funds such as CalPERS and CalSTRS, which have combined assets of over $500 billion
- Local divestment campaigns – municipal or county investments
- Personal finance divestment campaigns – from individual portfolios or retirement funds; or from checking, savings, and credit cards
- Campus and student actions
- Legislation – relating to divestment or to transparency, as in disclosure of financial climate risk